Columbia Metropolitan Airport is South Carolina’s largest airport. It is the main passenger airport that serves Columbia and South Carolina. It is located 5 miles Southwest of Columbia, has only one terminal and 16 departure gates. Its flights are operated by American Carriers to larger international airports. In addition, Columbia Metropolitan Airport has two customer care phone numbers, the first one can be used to reach the information desk: +1 803 822 5000 while the second line can be used to reach the airport’s business center: +1 888 562 5002. A detailed description of the facilities and Columbia airport parking fees will be given in this article. However, this description will be generally grouped into the upper level terminal building, lower level terminal building, main terminal building lobby, and outside the terminal building.
Facilities located at the Upper Level.
- Restaurants: restaurants that sell different types of foods and snacks are located at the upper level near the boarding gates.
- Money and Shopping centers: different banks have their respective ATM stands located at the upper level of the terminal building. Also, shops that sell books, newspapers, gifts, accessories and basic amenities are located near the boarding gates in the upper level of the terminal building.
- Information desk: here, cheerful and friendly airport staff members are seated and waiting to assist passengers.
Facilities located at the Lower Level.
- Car Rental services: car hire companies set up their desks and have operators in the lower level of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area.
- Lost & Found office: items that were lost or forgotten are kept safe and can be reclaimed by their owners at the Lost and Found office, near the baggage claim.
Facilities located at the Main Lobby.
- Business center: Columbia Metropolitan Airport has an official business center located at the main lobby of the terminal building. It contains a lounge area, a kitchen area, a fax and a photocopying area, and a computer workstation. Furthermore, there is steady Wi-Fi and hard-wired Ethernet cables which can be used by passengers to access the internet anywhere within the airport.
Facilities located Opposite and Outside of the terminal building
- Transport services: there are a lot of transport services available outside the terminal. Taxis, for instance, are available for a minimum of $20 to get to downtown. Buses with minimum pay of $3 arrive promptly at 7:57 am, 8:57 am, and 3:18 pm and leave shortly afterward every day. In addition to that, many hotels nearby provide free transport in a shuttle for passengers.
- Car park: Columbia Metropolitan Airport’s car park can accommodate over 3000 vehicles. There is the surface park, parking within the garage, and valet parking. It costs $1 to use surface parking for 20 minutes and $3 to park in the garage from 20-40 minutes. Lastly, the flat rate for valet parking is $14. Please visit their website at www.columbiaairport.com for more details.
Other facilities that can be found in the airport
This includes a gaming house, Adams memorial chapel, Columbia City police station, and facilities to aid disabled passengers. If you haven’t tried Columbia Metropolitan Airport, then you are missing out on a chance to fly without rush or pressure.