We are sure that you have heard of the term ‘superfoods’ before. So, what exactly are they? Superfoods are foods that are praised for their richness in nutrients and high concentration of minerals and vitamins. They are an essential part of building a strong body and maintain a high health level. In recent years, superfoods have been added to smoothies to improve taste and also deliver some unique and delicious.
Wondering what you should add for your next banana mesquite smoothie? Well, why don’t you ask the experts at Glimja? The company is the market leader in the delivery of all the superfoods mentioned in this article.
Originating from the rainforest of South America, these berries are a superstar in the world of superfoods. They are known for their high concentration of antioxidants which help in the management of free radicals in the body. Acai berries are highly ranked in terms of Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity, or ORAC.
Other benefits of acai berries include:
- The presence of amino acids responsible for building strength and endurance.
- High concentration of vitamins especially vitamins A, B, and C.
- Low concentration of sugar.
- Offers several minerals including calcium, zinc, magnesium, and copper.
Apart from the presence of antioxidants, Matcha is also known for its psychological and physiological benefits. Macha will help calm the mind and allow you to focus on tasks in the office or classroom while detoxifying your body of dangerous radicals.
Other benefits of Matcha include:
- The presence of L-Theanine. This enhances relaxation and reduces stress in the body.
- Richness in antioxidants especially catechins. This has been linked with fighting cancer cells.
The berries originated from the Amazon in South America and have a high concentration of Vitamin C. There are few vegetables and fruits that are packed with such high concentrations of the vitamin in the world of superfoods.
Additional benefits of the Camu Camu include:
- Enhances efficiency of the liver with its strong antioxidants
- Has anti-inflammatory characteristics and therefore can serve as a pain reliever.
Sounds familiar? It’s because this is the same plant used to manufacture chocolate. Apart from its sweet-inducing nature, it is also known for its antioxidants and as a major source of iron. Taken in its more natural form, you are bound to get all the nutrients lost during the processing.
Some more benefits of cacao include:
- High concentration of minerals such as manganese, potassium, copper, and iron.
- Has some psychological and mood-enhancing benefits
- Magnesium is one of the minerals here and supports a healthy brain and heart.
If you are looking to improve the quality of your skin and improve your immune system, consider Goji Berries. They are a good source of both vitamin A and C. They are packed with beta-carotene pigment, which is good for both your eyes and skin.
If you have noticed a trend, a large number of the superfoods mentioned hail from South America. Therefore, it shouldn’t be that much of a surprise that Maca always has its origins there. It is known for its mood-enhancing properties.
- Enhances sex drive in both men and women.
- High concentration of calcium, which is good for your teeth and bones.
- Contains plant proteins that improve digestion.